I whipped these up today within a matter of minutes.
I made mine with a heart shaped cutter, to mark a special occassion.
I also used GLUTEN FREE flour, making them a perfect gluten free treat option.
These can be made savoury too, by leaving the sugar out and perhaps using herbs or seasoning..... perfect for cheese boards.
You could easily prepare a batch mix and freeze it in advance of an event or party too.
So simple, with just 3 ingredients:
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Fold in the flour very gently just until it comes together, then turn out onto a floured board.
- With floured hands, shape the mix gently and flatten with a floured rolling pin to about 1cm thick (i'm not great with thickness measurements to be honest, so just know, they obviously won't rise - don't shape them too thin!).
- Use cutter shapes to cut out the biscuits, place on lined baking sheet, dust with caster sugar, cover and chill for 20 mins.
- Bake in pre heated 190 degree oven for about 15 mins, keeping an eye as they turn dark quite quickly.
- Cool completely on wire rack before decorating however you like.
Today i topped them with melted chocolate.
Before serving, dust with icing sugar.