Wednesday 27 August 2014

LEEK & POTATO SOUP


I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling the chill these days.  We lit our first fire of the year the other day and it was lovely!  Yesterday seemed to be milder but today again…..brrrr.  I'm looking out the window and it's very blustery, the trees are wild in the wind, it's overcast, dull and drizzling.  This calls for some yummy hearty homemade soup for lunch.  And it couldn’t be simpler.




I made a batch that would fill 4 generous bowls, which was 2L:

1.      Sauté ½ chopped onion & 1 garlic clove chopped in about 2 tbsp flora cuisine, on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
2.      Peel, dice, rinse and dry about 6 small potatoes and add to the pot.  Sauté and soften these for approx 10 minutes.
3.      Add 2 chopped leeks, aromat meat spice, a pinch of curry powder and lots of salt & pepper.  Cook down for about 15 minutes.
4.      Add 800ml boiling water with 2 tbsp gluten free vegetable bouillon powder.  Turn the heat up and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for ½ hour.
5.      Off the heat, blitz the soup.  (I use a handheld blitzer.  I find them so handy and they are inexpensive.  Mine was purchased in ALDI for about €12)  Add more water if you need to and make sure to taste test for seasoning.  I added a little more salt and pepper here.



No comments:

Post a Comment