Thursday 8 September 2016

Simple SCONES - Gluten Free option

Here's a recipe my sister Siobhan gave me ages back for scones and ever since, it's my "go-to" for whipping up a quick batch.

Seriously simple - it's fool proof!

  1. Preheat oven 250degrees C.  (Yes it's very hot!)
  2. Large basin, roughly mix 500g self raising flour (i use GF) and 75g butter together.
  3. Add: 75g caster sugar; 2 eggs and enough milk to produce a wet mix.
  4. Stir in raisins (optional - but they taste great and keep scone moist too)
  5. With floured hands, take hand fulls of mix and drop on a lined oven tray.
  6. Bake at the 250 degrees until top starts to darken (or "until you smell burning!" as my sister told me! But it is true!).  Then turn down to about 180.  Takes in total about 15 minutes or less. You will judge it yourself.
Et voila!  So simple.  Whip them up at a minutes notice and serve with butter and homemade jam!
And of course - the cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment